Monday, November 24, 2008

Yearbook cover for a PreSchool





















This sketch was done for my long time friend-Shannon Studstill who hired me at Sony back in 2000, I really appreciated that the team I have as a family, I wouldn't met them without her.
Now long stretch of 8 years in my career, I can't ask for any other place that I can feel more home than Sony Santa Monica. That's a long time, isn't it? as a concept artist work in the game industry, 8 years sound pretty long time. It's not just about commitment for me, it's a sort of "I want to finish what we started together. God of war III will be completed with my buddies here. Anway, here this sketch is for her daughter's yearbook cover. This is the actual preschool.

3 comments:

Matthew Scheuerman said...

I love this piece. So whimsical and so different from all of your other work. A great detour from the stuff that you usually do that we all love.

Awesome.

Unknown said...

Thanks Matt!

Definitely different but I used this line work to do most of early environment concept art for Final Fantasy IX. That was before I Paint(?) with Photoshop rather I was coloring with Photoshop.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful this is my favorite...Who would'nt want to live there.