Friday, November 21, 2008

First Love















Though nurtured like the sailing moon
in beauty's murderous brood,
she walked awhile and blushed awhile
and on my pathway stood
Until I thought her body bore
A heart of flesh and blood.

But since I laid a hand thereon
And found a heart of stone
I have attempted many things
and not a thing is done,
For every hand is lunatic
That travels on the moon.

She smiled and that transfigured me
And left me but a lout,
Maundering here, and maundering there,
Emptier of thought
That the heavenly circus of stars
when the moon sails out.


William Butler Yeats "A Man Young and Old: I, First Love"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Cecil,
these new updates are amazing. I love the worlds that you create....very inspirational.
-james

Unknown said...

Thanks James,

I am just doing many different things now.. can't really focus on one particular style or genre. Which helps me grow eventually.

Jeremy D said...

that white horse is...stunning. like porcelain